The garbage disposal is one of those places in your kitchen that gets all the filth and sometimes it really smells like that! Ms Jimmie (my Houston mum) share with me some garbage disposal cleaning tips some time ago and it really is amazing. If you have ever seen the chemical reaction that is the mixture of baking soda and vinegar you know it’s powerful! And this recipe harnesses that power for cleaning good!
Garbage Disposal Cleaning Tips
Check out the video tutorial at the end of this post.
You will need:
- Run hot water through your disposal.
- Turn off water and pour baking soda down disposal.
- Use your tiolet bowl brush to clean around inside the disposal, be sure to get the sides, the blade and the plastic cover at the top. Do not puke at the sheer nastiness that comes out on your brush.
- Next throw some lemon rinds down the disposal and add a bit more baking soda (u can add essential oils here if you wish)
- Pour vinegar down your disposal and watch the pretty bubbles, keep scrubbing with brush if needed.
- Plug the sink and fill with hot water and a cup of bleach.
- Using your gloves, unplug the sink and turn on the garbage disposal, let the lemon rinds do the scrubbing for you as they bounce around the blades.