Christmas time is all about family, which makes it especially hard for me around this time of year because all my family is still in Barbados. But this Christmas my sister is visiting from Barbados for the holidays and what better way to enjoy each others company than to make it a movie night! We love cuddling up on the couch with a good movie and talking and laughing together. I got the amazing movie The War Room and whipped up a batch of peppermint white chocolate popcorn, washed it down with a couple of cokes and boom its like we are little kids again. Honestly I can’t say enough things about this movie, it is a must see for all women, men and great for couples to see together. I don’t want to spoil it for you but the message is one that is so powerful, it must be shared. Go get it!
So off I headed to Walmart to find the perfect snacks! I got Orville Redenbacher Popcorn in kettle corn flavor, M&M’S® Chocolate Candies in the cutest little canisters, these were at the checkout aisle so don’t miss these perfect stocking stuffers and Coca-Cola in the nostalgic glass bottles.
You have no idea how excited I was about the Coca-Cola in glass bottles, in Barbados we drink all soda from glass bottles. So I knew my sister would appreciate the taste of home. So I assembled my snacks and came up with the perfect recipe for movie night: Peppermint White Chocolate Popcorn. It was divine! Here’s how you can make it for your movie night.
First I popped my Orville Redenbacher popcorn and melted my white chocolate chips in the microwave and crushed up some M&M’S® Chocolate Candies. While sipping on a Coca-cola of course.
I added peppermint extract to the white chocolate and poured it on the popcorn, I sprinkled in my crushed M&M’S® and mixed it all together with the popcorn. I tried to use a spoon, but honestly my hands worked much better. Then I just spread out on a wax paper lined cookie sheet to set and there you have it!
For more movie night inspiration check out Walmart Movie Night Packages I have a $10 VUDU offer on your next movie when you buy the Movie Night package at Walmart. All you have to do is:
- Buy all 4 participating products listed above in one transaction at Walmart by 2/2/16
- Orville Redenbacher Popcorn
- M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
- Sony new release The War Room
- Snap a picture of your receipt and visit uploadreceipt.com/movienight to submit your receipt by 2/9/16
- Get a $10 Vudu movie code* by email
- This is a while supplies last. Limit 1 per person. so get it quickly so you can have your movie night with your family!
Recipe for Peppermint White Chocolate Popcorn:
- 1 cup Milk chocolate M&M'S® Chocolate Candies
- 1 cup Peanut M&M'S® Chocolate Candies
- 8 cups Orville Redenbacher Kettle popcorn
- 11 ounces White chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- Optional: crushed candy canes
- Pop popcorn
- In a food processor or with a mallet, crush ½ cup of milk chocolate M&M'S® and ½ cup of the Peanut M&M'S®
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave according to package instructions
- Add peppermint extract to the white chocolate
- Pour white chocolate over the popcorn and mix in m&ms, stir until mixed thoroughly
- Pour popcorn mixture on a wax paper lined baking sheet to set
- Optional: garnish with M&M'S® Chocolate Candies and crushed candy canes.
- Eat and enjoy!