This DIY Felt Flower Pillow project is a really simple DIY that looks packs a big punch. This is a project kit from Home Made Luxe and each monthly project is like pinterest in a box and contains all the materials you need to create DIY home decor projects like this one plus written and video instructions. You can grab this DIY Felt Flower Pillow Project Kit here.
Materials for DIY Felt Flower Pillow
- 24 Colored Felt Sheets
- 2 Ivory Felt Sheets
- 2 16×16 Pillow Cases
- 2 Pillow forms (Or use your current pillows)
- Felt Flower Template
- Glue Sticks
- Glue Gun
- Pen or Sharpie
Felt Flower Pillow Video Tutorial
Felt Flower Pillow Instructions
- Start by cutting out the petals and circle from the felt flower template.
- Take the large petal template and use a pen or sharpie to trace 4-5 petals on a sheet of colored felt.
- Place 4 colored felt sheets underneath the felt sheet you just traced out. (you may cut out 2 or 3 at a time if your scissors is not sharp enough to cut all 5 at a time)
- Start cutting the large petal shapes out until you have 20 large petals.
- Tip: be sure to cut inside of the line you traced so that the pen or sharpie line is not visible on your finished petal.
- Take one petal and put an inch of glue in a straight line down middle of the bottom half of the petal.
- Fold petal in half and hold in place until glue dries.
- Put another line of glue on top of the fold and fold the other side of the petal on top, again holding in place until it dries.
- Cut out circle templates on ivory sheets.
- Glue pointy ends of petals to the edge of one circle, gluing them one next to each other until an entire row of petals form one big circle.
- Repeat step two and three using the small petal template to make 30 small petals.
- Add glue to back of the pointy end of the a small petal and place in in between each of the large petals forming a second circle in front of the large petals.
- Repeat this process using more small petals to create a third circle.
- Fold ivory felt circle in half.
- Place glue on right side of the half circle and fold over to form a triangle on the right side.
- Place glue on top of triangle and fold left side on top of triangle to form a cone.
- Do this with all ten ivory circles.
- Fluff cones and glue to the center of the flower.
- Turn flower over and add hot glue to the middle circle and stick onto middle of pillow case. (Tip: Use may use a safety pin to attach flower to pillow case and you can detach flower when you wish to wash pillow case or attach another seasonal flower to pillow case.)
- Add a pillow case form from a pillow you already have or a 16×16 pillow form of your choice.
- Repeat all steps to make your second pillow.
Shop this post: Home Made Luxe Felt Flower Pillow Project Kit // 24 Colored Felt Sheets // 2 Ivory Felt Sheets // 2 16×16 Pillow Cases // 2 Pillow forms // Glue Sticks // Glue Gun // Pen or Sharpie // Scissors